Assistant Coaching (Swimming) Course- June 2020
Assistant Coaching (Swimming) Course
Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a swimming coach in the delivery of a planned training session. The cost of the course is £245. Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
- Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 12-15 hours to complete.
- Online learning will start 15th May 2020 followed by face to face learning on the 5th June 2020 (6pm-9pm at Castle Leisure Centre), 6th June 2020 (6am-6pm at Castle Leisure Centre) and 7th June 2020 (12.30pm-7.30pm at Ramsbottom Leisure Centre).
- Full timetable will be provided upon full registration with the Institute of Swimming.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
You must be at least 16 years of age and be a member of a Swim England affiliated club. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.
Please note once you have reserved your place below further information will be provided by the Region on the process to registering onto the course with the Institute of Swimming through its new web site.
15th May, 2020- Online Learning Begins
5 - 7th June, 2020- Practical Workshop
If you wish to take up the coaching opportunity fully funded through Radcliffe Swimming and Waterpolo Club. Please send an email of interest for the attention of the committee to Radcliffeswimclub@gmail.com who will be in contact with yourselves on the funding of the course. The next meeing will be 2nd March 2020